Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beauty is a treatment

Our mom's group recently finished a study on Esther and one of the points was: It's tough being a woman in a world where beauty is a treatment. It is sad, but true, that beauty has become a treatment...I have definitely fallen into this trap...On saturday, I dyed my eyelashes (totally recommend it: basically negates using mascara and last for 3-4 weeks) and then today, I dyed my hair, waxed my eyebrows and shaved my legs....All the while thinking how great I'll look afterwards... Then when it was all said and done, I was thinking and it took me a couple hours and I had just treated my outer looks, but had nothing else accomplished, except for the fact that I look "better" now....So I went to my Esther poster and found the verse: Ecclesiastes 3:11 - He has made everything beautiful in His time... I don't think this means to just let ourselves go, but I think that we (I) need to accept the fact that I'm beautiful as God made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment